According to the Code for Investigation of Geotechnical Engineering (GB 50021-2001) and relevant regulations before undertaking any construction work, the following surveying work are required:
(1) Find out the geological structure, rock and soil layer types, distribution range, buried depth, thickness, structure, slope and nature of the reservoir area, so as to provide the physical and mechanical property indexes (unit weight, saturated unit weight, floating unit weight, compactness, permeability coefficient, cohesion, internal friction angle, etc.) of each rock and soil layer, and to evaluate the physical and mechanical indexes to determine the bearing capacity of foundation soil.
(2) Find out the properties of each rock and soil layer of tailings dam and drainage structure foundation, analyze and evaluate the stability and uniformity of foundation. The suggestions of prevention and treatment measures are put forward, and the stability changes caused by engineering construction are predicted.
(3) Determine the type of site soil and the type of construction site, collect the regional tectonic geological data of this area, and provide the basis for engineering design.
(4) If there is liquefied soil layer in the reservoir area, it is necessary to determine its liquefaction index and classify the site liquefaction level.
(5) Find out the cause, type, nature, distribution scope, damage degree and treatment scheme of adverse geological process in the site.
(6) Find out whether there is collapsible soil in the reservoir area, if there is, determine the type of collapsibility and the initial pressure of collapsibility.
(7) Find out whether there are artificial caves and spring holes in the reservoir area. If there are, determine their type, size, distribution location and filling.
(8) Provide the maximum freezing depth of site soil.
(9) According to the engineering hydrogeological evaluation opinions of the site, the suggestions of prevention and treatment measures are put forward, and the stability changes caused by engineering construction are predicted.
(10) In the investigation stage, the mine should first do the geotechnical compaction test and rolling test to determine the mechanical index and rolling parameter index of the dam material, so as to correctly guide the construction and accurately check the slope stability index of the dam body. Before undertaking any construction work.
Structpro consultants has qualified geological engineers and a registered geotechnical laboratory to conduct soil investigations and properly give the report.
contact us now
let us help
We offer a free consultation to all new clients.
We pride ourselves on being ‘on-call’ for our clients – if you have any question or queries, feel free to contacts us.